Today is12.12.12 and it's the last time we'll see a date LI,e that in our lifetime, apparently. So to celebrate I'm going to mention 12 things I am grateful for today.
1. My children. To coins a song, everything I do, I do for them. We've had our challenges but I am so amazingly proud of the two young adults I brought into this world.
2. My lovely man Steve, for loving me just the way I am and putting up with me, warts and all.
3. My parents and family, for being there for me through everything.
4. This house. When it's -3 outside I am truly grateful for having a warm, secure roof over my head.
5. My job – which gives me the flexibility to do what I want when I want working with the people I want.
6. My cats. Complete pains in the arse most of the time with their poo and vomit, but there for a cuddle when I need one.
7. Steve's feather duvet. The snuggliest thing anyone could want on a cold night.
8. Food in the fridge and wine in the rack. When people are starving I am very thankful that we are able to eat well.
9. My health. Yeah it could be better – I could be less heavy and less arthritic and less achey generally. But I am not in great pain and I am healthy enough to do everything I want to do.
10. The guys at the Folly pub, for providing me with plenty of laughs over the last few years.
11. My book collection. Ok I may have deserted books for my Kindle recently, but I still love having books around me and feel better for it.
12. This year. I know 2012 has been awful for some people. I'm grateful that I've had a fun year with lots of new experiences, and that those closest to me are happy and healthy and not in any trouble.